Atualizado: 28 de jan. de 2022
Masters of Wisdom teach us that when at the beginning of time God Absolute created all planes of existence and beings related to them, He presented Himself in the creation as universal Dharma. But his creatures needed a spiritual guiding as well for their own dharmas, and Seers and Devas start praying their Him for more guidance. Out of compassion the Lord donated himself to the creation once more as the Teacher Principle. In the Hindu tradition, this eternal Teacher Principle of creation is called Dattatreya.
- ''Datta'' in Sanskrit means ‘’the one that is donated’’.
- ''Athri'' means ‘’not three’’.
- Dattatreya is absolutely free Consciousness beyond three gunas.
- Lord Dattatreya is Consciousness that is synthesis of the three Logos: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Thus, he is represented as having their three heads.
- Lord Dattatreya moves through creation with 4 dogs that represent 4 Vedas, 4 Yugas, 4 states of divine Word and 4 states of Existance.
- Dog is a symbol of capacity to listen far, to listen subtle, to listen the silence, as it is in the silence that Divine Plan is transmitted from the higher circles to those who are ready to serve others. Dog is also the symbol of the star Sirius.
- Lord Dattatreya is followed by the cow which he protects.
- Cow is sacred symbol of motherhood, planet Earth, nutrition, contentment, growth, abundance, joy and of happiness on various levels of our being.
- Lord Dattatreya had 24 Gurus IN the creation.
- Lord Dattatreya is Sat Guru on all three planes of creation, as Lord Krishna.
- Lord Dattatreya is the teacher of the divine beings, humans and of diabolic creatures as well because He does not discriminate.
- Lord Dattatreya is the most compassionate one.
- Lord Dattatreya is the head of spiritual Hierarchies in various planetary and solar systems.
- Lord Dattatreya incarnates on all planes of existence, as per need.
- Lord Dattatreya's incarnations in this Yuga are Sripadha Srilavabha, Narasimha Saraswati, Vasudevanand Saraswati, Akkalkot Maharaj, Shirdi Sai Baba and Sathya Sai Baba. His avatars are many.
- Lord Dattatreya mostly resides on Sirius.
- Lord Dattatreya is Adi Guru of the Kashi Aghori’s and Nath yogis.
- Lord Dattatreya is the principle of every Guru-chela, teacher-student relationship. All spiritual teachers are his representations.
- Lord Dattatreya is by some called Sri Guru Datta.
- Sri Guru Datta is the Lord of Yoga.
- Sri Guru Datta acts in us as us. He is our own Self leading us toward God realization.
- Sri Guru Datta principle teaches us by all means: by nature, by life situations, difficulties, diseases, culture, books, friends, pats, by plants, minerals and celestial bodies etc...
- Sri Guru Datta’s spiritual teachings are mystical and incomprehensible to many. Most are transmitted on the soul level.
- Sri Guru Datta can awaken our kundalini by look or touch.
- Sri Guru Datta’s way is the way of total surrender to the Guru.
- Sri Guru Datta can be invoked by sacred sounds OM DRAM, while visualizing his form in the third eye with three nadis ida, pingala and shushumna descending from him to our muladhara chakra.
- Sri Guru Datta blesses those who approach him with spiritual and worldly fulfillment.
‘’Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu,
Guru devo Maheshvara,
Guru sakshat, param Brahma,
Tasmai shri guravay namah’’
References: Parvathi Kumar's book ''Sri Dattatreya''